Does this sound familiar?
- You’re worried about looking like a stalker because you’ve called your top client 28 times since yesterday to present a candidate for a job he told you was urgent — but apparently not urgent enough for him to return your call.
- You’re up to your earlobes in saved links to must-read articles that promise to save you time and give you superpowers. If only you had time to read.
- Years of juggling conflicting priorities have made you a master at multitasking and paying partial attention. The only downside to that is you’re pretty sure you just told your seven-year-old it’s okay for him to play on the garage roof because you thought you could answer his questions while sourcing engineering resumes on your iPad.
Warning: Increased Connectivity May Lead To Infobesity.
I wouldn’t give up my connectivity or social channels for anything, but I know it can all turn into one big time suck if not managed. Part of the problem is we don’t have time to figure out how to do things better — and with less effort — now that we have all these (so called) time saving devices.
Recruiters Aren’t The Only Ones Feeling The Pinch.
Owners and managers feel it, too. Advances in connectivity bring new competitors into the market– some of whom operate without the financial burden of brick and mortar costs. And then there’s the…
Impossible Client Trifecta
- Faster results
- Higher quality account management
- Reduced costs
It’s almost a perfect storm.
Great Processes and the Right Technology Have Never Been More Important
That’s why I write about both in Plugged In Recruiter. Our businesses are under too much pressure to wing it. Yesterday’s processes were great then, but they may not work today.
These are the topics I cover most often:
- Recruitment best practices
- Employer brand management
- Customer acquisition and retention
- Personal and professional career management
If you’d like to see me write about a particular topic, send me a note. I’ll do my best. My mission is to share technology tips and community-building techniques that grow business and foster fulfilling careers.
I’m available for project work in the greater Vancouver area or online if you need help with recruitment marketing or client management. I’m good at identifying process, technology or organizational gaps. I’ll help you understand how the moving parts in your company work together to forecast the impact of contemplated changes before implementation takes place.
I’m happy to connect. Use the easy contact form below, or link to me on a social site.
Send me an email
Hi – I’m Susan Wright-Boucher, a Canadian professional specializing in recruitment strategies, employer branding, online marketing, employment trends, and social media. I’ve designed and managed recruitment and contract staffing programs in every major city in Canada, responsible for a daily workforce of more than 1,000 contractors. I’ve been called a workaholic, but prefer the term business athlete. I’m also a process junkie, which is how I manage to get so much done in a day!
I spend most of my spare time studying and writing about market penetration, communications, social media and technology – with an occasional break for kayaking or hiking with my husband.