I’ve rounded up 7 blogs that inspire, teach, or entertain. They’re all high quality and selected from sites I spent time on.
I’d like to give special mention to the first one in the list below: OneStory. If you only click one link in this article, make it theirs. Everyone has a story to tell — this one will help you capture yours and share it. In case you’re wondering, I’m not affiliated in any way. 🙂
Favourite Bloggers and Vloggers This Week
- OneStory.com – This one is all about you and sooo worthy of a look. Actually, it’s a Vlog (video log) rather than a Blog (web log) — OneStory is an app that captures stories about people and places that may have otherwise been lost. In the words of its founders, Katrina German and Dale Zak: OneStory is a guided interview process that automatically stitches video clips together into a beautiful documentary that can be easily shared online. Here’s a funny one that captures the unusual events surrounding Dale’s birth. Who doesn’t have a family member or a friend with a story to tell?
- Rebecca Coleman’s blog on marketing and media relations will keep you up to date and motivated. If you’re a blogger, you’ll want to know that she’s doing a series on monetizing your work. She’s donating her time and experience at no charge. Thanks, Rebecca!
- Brass Tack Thinking is Amber Naslund’s baby. You may know Amber by her Twitter handle @AmberCadabra, a name she said someone gave her years ago that just stuck. She taught one of the courses in the social media bootcamp I attended this week. I recommend her blog for its social business tips and tricks but what really grabbed me this week is a recent post called Meet Hope. It’s an incredible story about a dog rescue that has taken over her life for the next little while. You must read it.
- Jamie Sussel Turner – A skilled business and personal power coach, Jamie knows we learn better through stories. This post is no exception. Read Unexpected Inspiration: Hassan’s Gift and tell me you’re not moved to appreciate your wonderful life.
- Sell, Lead, Succeed! by Tim Mushey – I’ve been reading Tim’s work since early 2012. Most of his posts are on business, branding, or achievement. What I particularly look forward to are his Saturday music posts which are a complete departure. Today’s is Pearl Jam.
- Kikolani – This is Kristi Hines’ site for blogging and marketing tips. I first “met” Kristi through Social Media Examiner, where she’s a regular contributor. I especially appreciate her use of metrics and analytics – as demonstrated in this post: What Happened After I Closed Guest Post Submissions.
- Kieta Lynn Wheeler – Her blog photo says it all. Kieta is wearing a crazy hat and sticking her tongue out at us. I appreciate Kieta’s candour as she muses about life, people, and generally pulls herself into who she wants to be. I especially enjoyed Take Chances. Get Messy. Make Mistakes. Worth a read.
In case you missed it, here is a link to last week’s blog appreciation.
If you enjoyed this article, please share!