- The big news for businesses this week: Facebook pages can now run contests directly. No need to engage a third-party app. Jessica Lee at Search Engine Watch gives us the scoop in Facebook Revamps Contest Rules For Businesses. Twitter links: @BzzContent @sewatch
- Concerned about privacy and the use of your information? You really want to read Facebook Updates Its Policy Documents Regarding How It Uses And Shares Your Data by Alex Wilhelm at TechCrunch.
That Facebook would employ public information supplied by its users to generate revenue is hardly evil. Importantly, Facebook will respect your privacy choices in how it uses your content.
Facebook for Business
- Two major trends: mobile optimization and the move toward more visually appealing messaging. Karen Asbury’s article contains practical tips on those and other trends. See The Visual Future Of Facebook – Top Tips For Your Business. Twitter links: @Karenanita @ReturnonDigital
Social Recruiting With Facebook
- Sam Parker shares recruitment successes from Gordon Food Service, Marriott, and Sask Jobs. Learn Facebook Recruiting Best Practices From The Masters is posted on BCJobs.ca. Twitter links: @HRadvice @GFSCanada @MarriottIntl
- Andrew Greenberg sums it up nicely. After providing a number of practical ways employers can use Facebook effectively, he says:
Add it to your candidate sourcing strategy as an economical sourcing tool for fresh candidates and take advantage of one of the top social media platforms today.
- Tod Maffin begins Six Ways To Recruit With Facebook by helping us assess our online reputation. Very smart. Throughout the article, he shows us how to see Facebook through the eyes of the candidates we want to attract. Twitter Links: @todmaffin @BenefitsCanada
- Last but not least, I recommend reading: How To Build A Talent Community On Facebook From Scratch by HireRabbit. Here’s a tidbit: “You need to think like your targeted audience in order to get them excited. Remember it’s not about you, it’s about them.” I love what Prafull is preaching – social recruiting is all about creating a sense of community, not marketing. Twitter links: @prafullsha @HireRabbit