Ever wonder which of the social media platforms is the most popular? Or who’s using them? If so, you’ll love this infographic from OnlineMBA. They used planets — sized according to actual membership — to depict the major social media sites.
It’s no surprise that Facebook is the largest planet. According to Alexa, the website ranking organization, Facebook is the 2nd most popular website in the world. In case you’re curious, Google.com is #1 and YouTube is #3.
Social media demographics is serious information to have on hand when it’s time to chart business strategy and marketing goals. But every now and then, it’s interesting to look at data that has absolutely no business value. Here’s a bit of trivia that falls into that category:
- Facebook has 11,546,266 followers on its Twitter account.
- Walmart has over 33 million fans on its Facebook page.
- Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga each have over 30 million Twitter followers.
- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is the most followed person on Google Plus.
- After Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest is ranked the 3rd most popular social networking site (ranked by activity, not total user population).
Which social media site gets more of your attention?
Via: Online MBA Resource